Annual Members' Meeting & Reception
Held in March, this special event is an opportunity for DVG members to come together to celebrate the collective strength and diversity of our network. Members are invited to gather with friends and peers to welcome new colleagues, elect new board officers and directors, learn about future plans for the association from DVG's leadership and hear keynote remarks by a leader in the philanthropic sector.
A member appreciation presentation was added to the program in 2010 to honor some of the individuals and organizations that demonstrated outstanding commitment to DVG. The event concludes with a popular networking reception.
Here are a few snaphots from past meetings:
2012 Left: Keynote speaker Ben Cameron, Arts Program Director, Doris Duke Charitable Foundation; Right: Members receiving recognition for their frequent event attendance are: Grahame Richards, Lenfest Foundation; Wes Somerville, Prudential; Patty Russo, Hess Foundation; Anna Brendle, Pottstown Area Health & Wellness Foundation; and D-L Casson, Union Benevolent Association
2011 Left: Larry Eichel, director of The Pew Charitable Trusts' Philadelphia Research Initiative, interviews Chronicle of Philanthropy editor Stacy Palmer; Right: President Ronnie Bloom, William Penn Foundation, calls the business meeting to order
DVG’s annual fall conference is the premier event for regional funders to join with their grantmaking peers, nonprofit executives and other civic leaders for a day of networking and shared learning on important trends and issues impacting philanthropy and regional giving.
DVG presents top-notch national speakers who address timely topics of interest to the regional grantmaking community. Speakers at past DVG conferences have included:
• Diana Aviv, President and CEO, INDEPENDENT SECTOR
• Paul Brest, President, William and Flora Hewlett Foundation
• Emmett D. Carson, Ph.D, CEO and President, Silicon Valley Community
• Christine DeVita, President, The Wallace Foundation
• Michele Jolin, White House Senior Advisor for Social Innovation for the
Domestic Policy Council
• Dr. Claire Gaudiani, author and past President, Connecticut College
• Andy Goodman, Communications Consultant and Trainer
• Alberto Ibargüen, President, John S. and James L. Knight Foundation
• Dr. Paul C. Light, author and NYU Wagner Professor of Public Service
• Robert Lewis, Jr., Vice President for Program, The Boston Foundation
• Ralph R. Smith, Senior Vice President, Annie E. Casey Foundation
• Bill Strickland, President and CEO, Manchester Bidwell Corporation
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING . . .
Here are a few comments attendees have made about our fall conference:
"I am always struck by the care and planning that is put into these conferences and enjoy the opportunity to learn and exchange ideas."
* * *
"This was one of the most relevant, most well-organized and well thought out conferences that I've attended.”
* * *
"This was an awesome opportunity for our organization. It was helpful to hear the challenges, new directions and needs of funders. The exchange of thoughts and questions between organizations in need of funding and organizations that have funding available was enlightening.”
* * *
"The value of your conferences is something to look forward to every year.
Keep up the great work!"
* * *
"This was my first DVG conference but I anticipate that it will be very important part of my fall schedule in future years.”
See photos, resources, video clips and more from our most recent conferences:
2012 | 2011 | 2010
Robert Lewis, Jr.
The Boston Foundation
William and Flora Hewlett Foundation
Emmett D. Carson, Ph.D.
Silicon Valley Community Foundation
Featured video from our 2009 conference:
Information * Innovation * Inspiration
"A View from my Stoop"
Produced by 1812 Productions
Written and performed by Jennifer Childs